Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Spooktacular: Vampire books I want to read...

Vampires are mythological or folkloric beings who subsist by feeding on the life essence (generally in the form of blood) of living creatures, regardless of whether they are undead or a living person. They are characterized by fangs, usually retractable, used to suck blood. Vampires are usually killed by a stake to the heart and direct exposure to sunlight. They are often warded off by crosses and the smell of garlic. Since they are undead, they are generally immortal unless killed by one of the aforementioned methods. Often, many are blessed with unnatural and inhuman strength and senses.

Blood Orange Soda by James Michael Larranaga
Dark Talents by Max Turner

Department 19 by Will Hill
Fat Vampire by Adam Rex
Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon

NOS4A2 by Joe Hill
Vampire Rising by Jason Henderson
A Living Nightmare by Darren Shan

The Vampire Encyclopedia by Matthew Bunson

Did you read any of these books? Did you like them, hate them? Are there any other vampire books you recommend?

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these vampire books yet and I curse myself. But I've just a read an awesome review of the The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda. They're saying it's like Hunger Games with vampires. It really sounds interesting. Update us on how these vampire books go please :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These books look great. I haven't read any of them but I've heard so many good things about Orange Blood Soda. I also have a friend who read Department 19 and said it was so good that she finished it in a day and just dived into the second book the following day :)

    - IZZY @ The Reading Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still in the middle of reading Orange Blood Soda and it really has an interesting take on vampires! Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon doesn't really focus on vampires too much though. It's more about demons than anything else. As for the rest of these, I actually haven't heard of them before besides The Coldest Girl in Coldtown. My friend did have good things to say about that one!

    ReplyDelete